About the Club
Bookham Rifle Club was founded as the Bookham Home Guard Rifle Club in 1943, shooting in a range on the Grove Estate in Great Bookham. The Club soon outgrew this facility and moved to its current site at Thorncroft Drive in the early 1950s.
The Club is built in the old walled garden of Thorncroft Manor at the southern edge of Leatherhead and is in a beautifully rural setting. All the ranges are laid to lawn with all weather covered firing points.
There are five ranges offering a choice of Match Rifle, Lightweight Sporting Rifle, Air Rifle and Air Pistol. The Club also has an established Hunter Field Target section.
In 2006 we built our new Lottery funded air rifle/pistol range with ten firing points at 10 metres and two points at 20 metres. A second prestigious ‘Awards for All Joint Lottery Grant’ in 2007 enabled the Club to replace the old sporting rifle facility with a brand new range of eight points at 20 yds.
In 2015, the Club received further funding from Sport England, Veolia and the Thomas Flack Fund to replace the dilapidated clubhouse and enclose the air range.
Following this major rebuilding project, Bookham Rifle Club now has a large airy clubhouse, a fully enclosed heated air range and an enclosed firing point on the prone rifle 25yd range.
Numbered amongst its members the Club has several national and international standard marksmen including two Queens Prize winners and National Smallbore Champions as well as two competitors at the 2014 Commonwealth Games. We regularly enter teams in County and National competitions.